- There are 68 non-life insurance companies registered in Thailand. Are you insured with a reputable company?
- Are you insured with an insurance company that provides good services if you have a claim?
- Is your property insured for the correct value? Have you had a professional asses the re-construction value of your property, if not, you may not be fully covered.
- Do you have the best policy money can buy? Different insurance companies offer insurance policies that look very similar but have big differences.
- Do you know what to do if you have a claim or problem with the insurance company? Does anyone speak English if you need help?
- Do you know what to do if an insurance company treats you unfairly?
- How can I safely save money on my insurances?
- There are 68 non-life insurance companies registered in Thailand. Are you insured with a reputable company? E & I Brokers review all insurance companies. We are up-to-date on the financial status of insurance companies. We listen to our peers for the latest news of insurance companies.
- Are you insured with an insurance company that provides good services if you have a claim? E & I Brokers short-list 17 of these companies. We have experience with the ones that provide good service. With over 2,000 customers, we encounter a higher volume of claims than agents with less customers do……and in doing so, we see first-hand, how insurance companies perform.
- Is your property insured for the correct value? Have you had a professional asses the re-construction value of your property, if not, you may not be fully covered. The Thai flooding disaster of 2011 revealed that more than 50% of properties damaged were under-insured. How do you know if you are under-insured? Did you rely on outside professional help to determine the value of your property? Customers are ultimately responsible for the problems caused by under-insurance. Insurance companies and brokers normally do their best to asses the value of property but at the end of the day, the customer is responsible. The only way to be 100% sure is to hire an independent property assessor. E & I Brokers uses independent appraisal professionals and recommend all customers to do this.
- Do you have the best policy money can buy? Different insurance companies offer insurance policies that look very similar but have big differences. All insurance companies have packaged insurance policies. All insurance companies can tailor make a policy to match individual customer requirements. Tailor-made policies are not as expensive as you think.
- Do you know what to do if you have a claim or problem with the insurance company? Does anyone speak English if you need help? E & I Broker staff speak English and Thai. We bridge the language and cultural gap between customers and insurance companies. Many insurance companies have very few staff that can communicate in English because they cater primarily to Thai customers.
- Do you know what to do if an insurance company treats you unfairly? If you feel the insurance company has not settled your claim in a fair manner, it is not necessary to hire a lawyer to settle the dispute. In every province in Thailand, there is a branch of the Office of Insurance Commission. The Office of Insurance Commission (OIC) overseas all aspects of the insurance business in Thailand. The OIC protects customers from being unfairly treated by insurance companies. The OIC assists in settling disputed claims without the need and expense of lawyers. E & I Brokers assist the local OIC office as professional translators for all customers.
- How can I safely save money on my insurance? Do what everyone does, shop around. Don’t be satisfied with just one offer. There are 68 non-life insurance companies registered in Thailand and there are a wide range of insurances on offer. Approaching an insurance company direct or through a broker/agent makes no difference in the premium. But using a broker usually saves you time and gets better results.
Professional brokers will normally have a better insight on which companies are financially stable and offer superior service. Insurance agents cannot offer this level of information because they simply do not have the experience and resources to compare data from different companies. Insurance agents normally represent only one insurance company, so they cannot give the customer a choice.
With such a wide range of insurances on offer in Thailand, how do you know what to choose? Policy benefits and premiums are a primary deciding factor for most customers choosing an insurance policy. This is because benefits and premiums are easily compared. Other features that are not obvious cannot be compared before making a choice. Some insurance companies offer good service and some have a dismal service record. In addition to service, the background and financial stability of the insurance company should be included as a factor in determining your final choice. So keep in mind, the total cost of insurance you are buying is a lot more than just the annual premium you pay.
We have done a full circle when it comes to looking at insurance providers in Thailand.
In the beginning, we started promoting one insurance company and went on to experiment with many other companies.
One, by one, the other companies showed their true colors.
Below are a few reasons that gave rise to problems with our customers:
1. Initial low premiums followed by very high premium increases after customer has claims.
2. Unprofessional staff, slow claims processing services.
3. Staff incapable of communicating in English.
4. Documentation only available in Thai language.
5. Lack of development of the products to match changing market demands.
6. Higher-than-average premiums compared to the benefits offered.
7. Overly restrictive exclusion wording to the disadvantage of customers.
8. Additional exclusions and deductibles added to policies on renewals.
Cheap insurance usually goes hand-in-hand with expensive claims.
Always remember: If it’s too good to be true, it’s usually is too good to be true.
Global Medical & Health Insurance Plans
Choosing a good health insurance is a bit like getting married. Choose the wong one and you will have problems; choose a good one and it’s a fantastic experience. E & I Brokers offers a choice of health insurance from 10 companies with a selection of over 50 different choices of cover.
Personal Accident Insurance – 24 hour Worldwide cover
We offer personal accident insurance from several companies that offer cashless medical treatment from 300 hospitals around Thailand. Worldwide cover and benefits for all ages from 1 year to 80 years on application. Personal accident insurance also works in combination with your health insurance for increased benefits.